ghost


I was trying to recall what I had the past 4 years.
Probably nothing.
Or everything that matters to me the most.

The audience settled in. The theatre dropped dark. The curtain rose. Him and I stood on the stage, ready for the play. Did I play my role well?. No one know. All I know, he got the standing ovation from the audience. I forgot to tell, the audience was set to be silent so there was no cheering. As for him, the role that he played for another 4 years got a long standing ovation but no one said a thing about how good he was. It was simply silencing.

Unfortunately, silence speaks. It speaks harder than the talks. Exactly when I got tired, giving all my best performance every night, every day, and sad but true, years ahead. I don't have to ask him what he feels, because those standing ovations tells me. Of course he's proud, appreciated, and loved. He did good. He made me feel alive to play my role on the stage so I didn't feel sick to perform my role along with him every night. Until I  have to find a hurtful fact by myself when I went back home. I passed another small, luxurious theatre. There he was, on a catchy poster with a lovely lady in another play. 

I felt my throat closed. My feet were shaking. I mustered the courage that left in me to enter the theatre. I sat on the back and I saw him on the stage. His mischievous eyes landed a soft stare to his partner that I never knew she exists , his solid and good shaped body held her petite figure, his perfect hair stroked that woman's neck and his hands...The hands that never let me go now interlocked with her fingers. The audience rewarded him another round of standing ovation. He's as good as he was with me on our stage.

I walked out the theatre and I just knew that I have to quit my role and leave the stage where him and I have been performing all these years. I did my best performance and I did my worst. Lesson learned. The stage and the play taught me all I had to know and experience in life. Now the show is over and with a brief note of good bye, I wish you well, partner. 

0 comments: